Celebration Preschool has a new web site at: http://celebrationpreschool.net/
Celebration Preschool is a ministry of Ashburn Presbyterian Church (APC), a growing congregation in the heart of Ashburn. The vision of the church is to welcome all people and reach out to the greater Ashburn community and to joyfully communicate our faith in Christ with warmth, clarity, quality and creativity, with a special focus to the needs represented in the growing population of unchurched families with children.
In response to that vision, Celebration Preschool opened in September of 2000 to provide a quality Christian non-profit preschool in Ashburn. In a caring and positive atmosphere, we create a warm and happy place for preschoolers to learn. As we bridge the gap from home to school, we guide children to a continued good self-image while building social skills in a school setting. Celebration Preschool welcomes all children without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, nationality, and/or ethnic origin.
Celebration Preschool will provide age-appropriate education for children in the community, offer parent support, and celebrate the “Good News” of God’s love in Jesus Christ.
“Train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”
Our Preschool Program Purpose
The program purpose of Celebration Preschool is to provide a loving, responsive, and nurturing environment for children that will promote their physical, intellectual, social and emotional growth, and encourage their development of faith.
Some of the Special Features of Celebration Preschool
- Celebration is a Christian based preschool and a ministry of Ashburn Presbyterian Church
- Monthly Chapel service along with weekly Bible verses/stories/songs and classroom visits from our Senior Pastor
- Children are involved in school-wide mission projects
- Low teacher/child ratios – Twos – 2:10, Threes – 2:10, Fours – 2:14
- Teachers are CPR, First Aid and MAT (Medication Administration) trained
- All lead teachers and most assistants have degrees with the lead teachers having degrees in education, early childhood development or degrees in a related field with early childhood course work and years of experience
- Criminal background and child abuse/neglect checks made on all teachers
- Teachers are required to participate in 8 hours of continuing education each year in the early childhood field
- “Back to School Night” in late August
- Parent workshops and lending library
- Outside playground on wooded lot and rainy day room
- Large preschool classrooms with bathrooms in the classrooms and lots of windows
- Fours/Fives have weekly music class and participate in a Christmas and Spring musical
- Open door policy – we encourage our parents to be a part of their child’s preschool experience by helping out in the classroom
- Security System in the preschool area